Monday, September 24, 2012

Demand Greatness

A long work weekend for yours truly meant a lack of updates but I'm back at it!  On my way out the door to head to Carlow East, the only Seahawks bar in NYC and the best bar in the world, at that.  Again, it's on 85th street and Lexington Avenue for any NYCeahawks that want to have a great time while watching the 'Hawks hopefully take care of business. 

This game has the feel of one of the biggest regular season games in Seahawks history.  The 'Hawks perform notoriously well on Monday Night's having won 5 Monday nighters in a row, 3 of them while preserving a shutout.  Odds are, that won't happen tonight.  Tonight is definitely the biggest test they'll have faced on Monday Night as well as one of the biggest tests they'll face this entire season.  The momentum heading in to this game has been building at a fever pitch and it's important that the team capitlalize on that.  I was at the Monday Night game in Philadelphia in 2005 and that still registers as one of the best sports moments and one of the best moments in my life, period.  Pure sportsgasm.  If tonight is anything like that snowy night in Pennsylvania tonight will truly be a great night.

I'm expecting the Packers to test the 'Hawks through the air early and often.  Lots of deep routes and double moves should be anticipated as the Packers might want to catch the 'Hawks being a little overhyped to start the game.  There are gonna be several "oh shit" moments tonight, both good and bad.  I'm expecting at least five or six times where I'll mutter to myself and everyone around me "no f'n way!" after Aaron Rodgers keeps a play alive and makes one of his own.  That's to be expected, this is a great team we're playing.

What I'm also expecting is the crowd to be absolutely insane.  My mind can't even pathom what tonight might sound like at CenturyLink, let alone on television.  Those of you lucky enough to go to the game have to leave every ounce of your soul in the chairs you sit in.  If you leave this game with a voice intact you didn't show up, period.  On the field I'm expecting Russell Wilson to have his coming out party and Marshawn to go off as well.  I thought about this yesterday, the Seahawks have a ton of players that you'd label as "primetime players."  Players with the "swag" and the talent to step up and produce at a high level during the biggest of games.  Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Red Bryant, Richard Sherman, and KJ Wright among others all strike me as guys that can match the intensity of the game with their level of play.

All in all, I just hope these guys demand greatness.  Go out there and get it!  Go out and reach for a higher level of greatness that Seattle sports fans haven't seen in far, far too long.  Everybody will be watching tonight.  This is the perfect opportunity to ditch the sorry "Same Old Seahawks!" label and replace it with an entirely new one.  One that just screams "Amongst the elite!"  I know that everyone in that building (the VMAC) believes that they can reach that level tonight and I especially know that Pete Carroll and John Schneider believe that, and more important expect that.  I'm extremely hyped up for this game and am eeriely calm about it as well.  Whatever happens happens, but I fully expect the Seattle Seahawks to make a major statement in front of 67,000 raging fans and the rest of us watching with our nerves shot to shit.  I just know that today, it feels damn good to be a Seahawks fan!  I left a little somethin somethin to "lead us in to battle."  And by the way, can we please get a chant where half of the stadium yells "We all we got" and the other side answers resoundingly with "We all we need!"  Make it happen 12's!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!  WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!


No comments:

Post a Comment